At Farmboy Fine Arts (FBFA), we believe we can change lives with art, and we work with fine artists, professional photographers and galleries from around the world to do it.
Our fast-paced Gastown office is looking for a freelance visual artist with a design background to support our creative team. This position collaborates with the FBFA design manager and design team to curate and customize bespoke art collections for some of the biggest brand names in hospitality.
This role is for an individual with a strong understanding of contemporary art and design, and whose multi-disciplinary practice can translate their talents and ideas into a diverse array of mediums and applications. This involves the creation of original assets as well as the expert digital manipulation of existing works.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Curating inspiring visual art and image collections for client project proposals
- Digital image manipulation, photo editing and retouching
- Creating original photographic, illustrative and mixed media content in our visual arts mini-studio and digital creation of original works
- Producing surface graphic designs for art products such as framed art, wall covering and other substrates
- Working with architectural floor plans, elevations and renders to create custom art collections for our clients
- Communicating and collaborating with FBFA’s internal team as well as with external artists and galleries
- Completing design projects within allocated time and according to FBFA procedural guidelines
- A critical and conceptual thinker who understands and values art as well as design culture
- At least 3-5 years working experience in a design and visual art making practice
- Exceptional command of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Fine Arts, Illustration, Graphic Design, Photography, Interactive Arts & Technology and/or New Media
- Excellent written and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Meticulously detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Highly resourceful, self-effacing and driven to up-skill
ABOUT FARMBOY FINE ARTS
Farmboy Fine Arts is a full-service art consultancy, delivering custom artwork and curated collections for hospitality, healthcare and corporate spaces.
Focused on developing intelligent, relevant visual and integrated art experiences, we aren’t simply an artwork provider. We are a partner, offering support and services from initial art concept through design, project management and fulfillment.
With over a decade of international experience and more than 3,000 completed projects for thousands of clients, our purpose is simple—change lives with art.
- Part-time contract (24hr/week) with flexible schedule
- Compensation based on experience
If you are looking for an opportunity to produce world-class visual art and design, please submit a link(s) to your digital portfolio, resume and cover letter to careers [at] farmboyfinearts.com with “Graphic Artist/Designer” in the subject line.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interviews and meetings will be contacted. No phone calls, no drop-ins and no recruiters please.