At Farmboy Fine Arts (FBFA), we believe we can change lives with art, and we work with artists, photographers and galleries from around the world to do it.
Our fast-paced Gastown office is looking for a freelance graphic artist / designer to support our creative team. This designer will collaborate with the FBFA design manager and design team to curate and customize bespoke art collections for some of the biggest brand names in hospitality.
This role is for an individual with a strong understanding of contemporary art and design, and whose multi-disciplinary practice can translate their talents and ideas into a diverse array of mediums and applications.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Curating inspiring art and image collections for client project proposals
- Digital image manipulation and photo editing / retouching
- Creating original photographic, illustrative and mixed media content in studio or digitally
- Producing surface graphic designs for art products such as framed art, wall covering and other substrates
- Working with architectural floor plans, elevations and renderings to coordinate artwork placements
- Communicating and collaborating with FBFA’s internal team as well as with external artists and galleries
- Completing design projects within allocated time and according to FBFA procedural guidelines
- A critical and conceptual thinker who loves and values art and design culture
- At least 3-5 years working experience in design and art making
- Exceptional command of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Fine Arts, Illustration, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Photography, Interactive Arts & Technology and/or New Media
- Excellent written and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Meticulously detail oriented with strong organizational skills
ABOUT FARMBOY FINE ARTS
Farmboy Fine Arts is a full-service art consultancy, delivering custom artwork and curated collections for hospitality, healthcare and corporate spaces.
Focused on developing intelligent, relevant art experiences, we aren’t simply an artwork provider. We are a partner, offering support and services from initial art concept through design, project management and fulfillment.
With over a decade of international experience and more than 2,000 completed projects for thousands of clients, our purpose is simple—change lives with art.
- Part-time (24hr/week) with flexible schedule
- Compensation based on experience
If you are looking for an opportunity to produce world-class art and design, please submit a link(s) to your digital portfolio, resume and cover letter to careers [at] farmboyfinearts.com with “Graphic Artist/Designer” in the subject line.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interviews and meetings will be contacted. No phone calls, no drop-ins and no recruiters please.