At Farmboy Fine Arts (FBFA), we believe we can change lives with art, and we work with artists, photographers and galleries from around the world to do it.
Our fast-paced Gastown office is looking for a Production Designer to join our team and hit the ground running, supporting the Account Management, Design and Production departments as they deliver world-class art to our international clients.
We know Production Designer can mean many things to many people, so here’s an idea of what it means to us.
Our Production Designer loves retouching 50 images a day, cleaning up dust-and-scratches and res checking files for output. Our Production Designer weeps a silent tear of joy over flawless TIFs, bleeds RGB and reworks PSD files with such skill and ingenuity that MacGyver and the A-Team would be proud.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Production Designer is FBFA’s vital link between concept and production. You quickly and accurately ensure all files delivered to FBFA’s vendor partners are technically perfect, triple checked and better than our clients could have hoped for.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Transforms proposed concept packages into print-ready production files for a variety of art products
- Liaises across departments and vendors to ensure flawless technical delivery of FBFA products
- Completes design projects within time allocations, following FBFA SOPs and best practices
- Prepares marketing images for use across all FBFA marketing platforms (web, somed, print, etc)
- Collaborates with both internal and external stakeholders to continuously improve FBFA SOPs and best practices
- Love and value art, design and culture
- Have 2-4 years experience producing print-ready art files
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite, with strong focus on Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and Illustrator
- Hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in graphic design, print-production or related field
- Creative agency experience would be awesome, but not required
- Seeking an entry-level position working in arts/design industry
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a high level of professionalism
- Working understanding of Microsoft office
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects; can take a project from start to finish in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrates an independent initiative to further improve processes and developments
Farmboy Fine Arts is a full-service art consultancy, delivering custom artwork and curated collections for hospitality, healthcare and corporate spaces.
Focused on developing intelligent, relevant art experiences, we aren’t simply an artwork provider. We are a partner, offering support and services from initial art concept through design, project management and fulfillment.
With over a decade of international experience and more than 2,000 completed projects for thousands of clients, our purpose is simple—change lives with art.
- Part-time (24hr/week) with flexible schedule
- Compensation based on experience
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio examples/website to careers [at] farmboyfinearts.com with “Production Designer” in the subject line. For extra points, call-out 3 steps you would take to achieve the below results.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only the candidates selected for interviews and meetings will be contacted. No phone calls, no drop-ins and no recruiters please.