At Farmboy Fine Arts (FBFA), we believe we can change lives with art, and we work with artists, photographers and galleries from around the world to do it.
Our fast-paced Gastown office is looking for a Studio Coordinator to join our team and hit the ground running, supporting the Account Management, Design and Production departments as they deliver world-class art to our international clients.
If you love adjusting to moving targets, keeping everybody in the loop and can multi-task with the best of them, congrats, you’re on to phase 2 of the application process. Now if you do all of the above with a smile on your face and get bored when things aren’t busy, you’re even closer to becoming a Farmhand.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Studio Coordinator is FBFA’s wrangler. You make sure there’s clear communication across FBFA departments, we’re all moving in the same direction, and the entire studio has everything it needs to deliver the best possible customer service experience and art collections to our interior design, corporate and hospitality clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Facilitates communication and clarity across departments to deliver excellent customer service and curated art collections
- Maintains universal schedule for all active projects
- Coordinates and assigns appropriate resources to projects, and adjusts both to evolving project requirements
- Interprets and facilitates key project tasks and objectives across departments
- Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates internal process to facilitate continuous improvement
- Ensures FBFA’s rigorous SOPs are adhered to across departments
- Ensures the smooth operations of day-to-day studio life, from signing for deliveries to coordinating team events and everything in between
- Love and value art, design and culture
- Have 2-3 years experience in coordinating large teams across complex, fast-paced environments
- Creative agency experience in a project management or administrative role would be awesome, but not required
- Hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in business administration, communication or similar
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a high level of professionalism
- Possess excellent communication skills, as well as a strong vocabulary in descriptive art and design language
- Strong ability to influence and bring together a varied team, without direct control over stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects; can take a project from start to finish in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrate an independent initiative to further improve processes and developments
- Understand basic digital image / graphic art processes (eg. image resolution and aspect ratios)
- Expert understanding of Microsoft office
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would be awesome, but, again, not required
Farmboy Fine Arts is a full-service art consultancy, delivering custom artwork and curated collections for hospitality, healthcare and corporate spaces.
Focused on developing intelligent, relevant art experiences, we aren’t simply an artwork provider. We are a partner, offering support and services from initial art concept through design, project management and fulfillment.
With over a decade of international experience and more than 2,000 completed projects for thousands of clients, our purpose is simple—change lives with art.
Compensation based on experience
Please send resume and cover letter to careers [at] farmboyfinearts.com with “Studio Coordinator” in the subject line.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only the candidates selected for interviews and meetings will be contacted. No phone calls, no drop-ins and no recruiters please.